UN OCHA Field Situation Report No. 1
1. An inter-agency team of UN staff will arrive in the area on first available flight to assess the situation. The team includes UNICEF, WHO, OCHA, IOM, and WFP.
2. The United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator, Mr. Bo Asplund, announced that the UN stands ready to support the Government of Indonesia in response to this earthquake.
3. An UNDAC Team was placed on stand by a few hours after the earthquake and it is ready to be deployed if required.
4. A number of donor representatives in Jakarta have informed OCHA Indonesia that they remain ready to assist if needed.
5. The UN HC/RC Office in Jakarta will continue to monitor the situation through direct contact with pertinent government and non-government institutions, as well as with the Indonesian Red Cross.Tags: [Asia/Indonesia] [Earthquake] [Breaking News/Disaster/Emergency/Humanitarian/Relief/Rescue]